Last Updated 7/27/00 7:39 PM
New Service Trial (Starts Friday 7/28/00)
There are four components to the service release:
- New Centers were added. Centers are located at the
bottom of your Home page. An example of a Center is WebTV
Today, News, Sports, Entertainment, etc.
- Format changes were made to the Mail, Favorites and
- Low Usage Billing Plan. (More information later)
As a Previewer, we need you to help us verify that our new
features did not break an existing feature as well as ensure that
the new feature is working as expected. I will be posting
specific features that I would like you to respond to in the
newsgroups. If you identify an actual bug, please file a
Post responses to these questions in the newsgroup:
- Tell me if you like the new Home Page layout.
- Can you find the Center you are looking for?
- Is the new navigation drop down menu easy to use?
Below are some specific things I would like you to try.
This information is posted to the newsgroup as well as your home
page. If you identify an actual bug, please file a problem
- Go to each Center posted on the Home page, including those in
the drop down menu.
- And verify that the links from the home page to the specific
centers are functional (Does the link take you to the correct
- Are the listed features on the centers functional? (Can
you actually use the feature?)
- Did anything else in the service malfunction? (For example,
some Previewers discovered that if the Remote Mail Password was of
a certain length, that they experienced email and pagebuilder
Auto (New Center)
- Try getting a quote on a new car.
- Personalize your page for your car. (My Car tab on the
- Obtain information about your personal car.
- Get recall history
- Get car's estimated Blue Book value
- Reminder when to change your oil or service.
- Select "Add a vehicle"
Games (New Center)
- Play, play play!
- There are a lot of games available for you to use.
Please play as many games as possible.
- One section we would like you to try is the "Classic Games
module. Go to these pages and make sure that you ca\ n
actually play the games.
- PM pong under Classic arcade games is one of my favorites!
- Play Lucky Surf
- You will need to register in order to play.
- LuckySurf.com will not distribute your personal
- LuckySurf.com will email your results to you on the
days that you play.
Sports (Modification of existing center)
- Basic test plan is to verify that the links on this center are
functioning. Following are some detailed requests:
- Find out whether your favorite team won yesterday's or today's
- Read about the day's top sports news.
- Find out what sporting events are happening that night.
- Choose to receive regular updates on you favorite teams.
- Answer sports trivia questions.
- Communicate with sports personalities and other sports fans.
- Participate in fantasy leagues.
- Listen to audio Web casts.
Travel (New Center)
- Use the different features offered.
- Verify that the links on this center are functioning and that
you are able to use the provided features.
- Go to "Plan a Trip"
- Use "Find Flight Schedules and Prices"
- As well as: "Or use the menus below to find the best fares
others are finding on popular routes."
- Is it clear to you what the difference is between these two
To include the kind of box that you are using when you post to
the Newsgroup (i.e. LC2, Sprout, etc).
The IHOP trial has now ended. Thank you so much for all your hard
work. With your help, we have successfully released the Remote WebTV
Mail features. I have filed a few feature requests as the result of
Feature Requests Filed:
- Currently, WebTV only allows you to fetch email from one
account. Previewers would like to be able to fetch from several
mail accounts. They would also like a drop down menu so they can
choose which POP account to fetch (Outlook and Outlook Express has
- Request to be able to fetch mail from mail boxes other than
their Inbox i.e. Saved folder.
- Request to be able to use a pocket mail device to fetch email
i.e. "Sharp TM20 pocketmail device."
In order to wrap up this trial, I would like you all to complete
the following short survey. Some of the questions appear to be
duplicates, but they pertain specifically to the mail program you
are using, so those of you using more than one mail program can
provide focused feedback:
Back to secret